Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to my place

Here is a poem of Rabindranath Tagore!
I remember I translated one of his poems and sent it to a magazine when I was a child!
It was never published!
Who am I to translate Tagore?
It is not about my transaltion!
It is about the way the poem touched me!

Madhyahna
(Only The ending Lines)

In the midst of all these
I am a stranger
Yet I do not feel estranged
I feel I am one of them
It also seems
After a long time
I have returned
To my own native place
I have gone back in time
To my former life
To that fresh morning
When like an infant
Clinging on to its mother's breast
I was inseparably mixed
With land, air, water and the sky
And along with all living beings
That thrive on this earth
I was joyously sucking
The elixir of my first existence.’


మధ్యాహ్నం
(చివరి పంక్తులు మాత్రమే)

ఇన్నిటి మధ్యనా
నేనొక పరదేశిని
అయినా నాకు కొత్తనిపించదు
అందరిలో నేనూ ఒకడిననుకుంటాను
నాకనిపిస్తుంది
చాలా కాలం తర్వాత
నా స్వంతచోటికి నేను
తిరిగి వచ్చానని
కాలంలో వెనక్కి నడిచి
నా గతజీవితంలోకి
ఆ నవోదయంలోకి చేరానని,
నేను పసివానిలా
అమ్మ ఎదకు అతికి ఉన్నాను
భూమీ, గాలీ, నీరూ, ఆకాశాలతో
విడదీయ రానంతగా మమేకమై ఉన్నానప్పుడు
ఈ నేల మీది మనగలుగుతున్న
సమస్త జీవరాశితో
కలగలిసి సంతోషంగా
నా తొలి అస్తిత్వపు అమృతాన్ని
తనివిదీరా తాగుతున్న క్షణాలవి.

Let us enjoy noble thoughts!!
%%%%%